Retirement Plans for Small Businesses
Are you a small-business owner offering a retirement plan to your employees?
Imagine letting go of the burden and hassle and reducing the liability of running your employee retirement plan – so you can focus on running your business.
We offer ERISA retirement plan services to business owners using the same investment methodology we currently use for individual clients.
Lean on the experts
As a 3(38) investment manager, we can help you with the many challenges that come with monitoring your ERISA plan. We’ll take on the fiduciary role and responsibility for your plan’s investment lineup and stay on top of changing regulations and compliance.
Who we serve
Types of businesses:
- Medical practices
- Law firms
- Construction companies
- Government contracting firms
- Manufacturing companies
Types of plans:
- Defined Benefit
- Money Purchase
- Cash Balance Pension Plans
Schedule your free, no-obligation consultation
Small Business Retirement Plan Form
You need an investment and finance expert to consult on your plan and help with the fiduciary, investment and regulatory risks. You and your employees might not be the experts, but we are. We’re the #1 Independent Financial Advisory Firm in the nation, as ranked by Barron’s.1
- Creating or maintaining your investment policy statement
- Forming and meeting regularly with the investment committee
- Selecting and managing the plan’s investments
- Taking full advantage of your associated tax benefits2
- Managing fees and unnecessary costs
- Complying with ERISA Section 404(c)
- Conducting plan design review and illustrations
- Testing and Form 5500 preparation
- Maintaining – and keeping you abreast of – regulatory updates
- Performing annual plan review
- Conducting fee and services benchmarking
- Education on plan fund choices and asset allocations
- Access to our nationwide network of financial planners3 for:
- Life events planning
- Estate planning
- Insurance planning
Single point of contact for your employees’ retirement planning needs
You want your employees to be satisfied and financially secure – you want to help guide them toward their retirement goals. And you want to attract desirable employees with good benefits.
We act as your representative to your employees – for anything related to their retirement plan. Separately, your employees will also have access to our financial planners as a trusted resource for life planning.
Your employees will receive:
- face-to-face retirement plan enrollment;
- access to the same investment strategies and portfolios we offer to individual investors through our financial planners;3 and
- professionally managed portfolios with highly diversified asset allocation models to meet your employees’ personal investment needs.
In Assets Under Management5
1The 2021 Top 100 Independent Advisory Firm Ranking issued by Barron’s is qualitative and quantitative, including assets managed, revenue generated, regulatory record, staffing levels and diversity, technology spending and succession planning. Firms elect to participate but do not pay to be included in the ranking. Investor experience and returns are not considered. The 2018 ranking refers to Edelman Financial Services, LLC, which combined its advisory business in its entirety with Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. (FEA) in November 2018. For the same survey, FEA received a precombination ranking of 12th.
2Neither Edelman Financial Engines, a division of Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C., nor its affiliates offer tax or legal advice. Interested parties are strongly encouraged to seek advice from qualified tax and/or legal experts regarding the best options for your particular circumstances.
3Available for an additional fee and service agreement, direct with the employee.
4Firm statistics quoted are as of Dec. 31, 2020. Business metrics represent all business lines.
5Firm statistics quoted are as of Sept. 30, 2021. Business metrics represent all business lines.