When you’ve never done it before, it’s hard to figure out when to retire and how to make your money last.
But ultimately, that’s what it’s all about: having the income you need to support yourself in the lifestyle you want and with the confidence that your money will last your entire lifetime — no matter how long you live.
Working hard for decades to build financial security doesn’t mean all your challenges are behind you. Instead, you’re facing new ones, many of them for the first time. Common challenges include:
- Have I saved enough? How much can I afford to spend each month so I don’t run out of money? What will I do with all my newfound time? What if I want to keep working?
- What mix of investments is right for me in retirement — and when should I make the change?
- What do I do with the money in my workplace retirement accounts after I leave my job?
- Should I take my pension as a lump sum or as monthly checks?
- How can I maximize my Social Security benefits? What about Medicare?
- What do I need to do to protect my spouse and children if something happens to me?
When you’re ready to talk about retirement, we’re here for you. We’ll answer all your questions, like when to begin collecting Social Security, how to decide what to do with your newfound time, and how to turn your savings into a steady income for life while also leaving a legacy for your loved ones. Our services include: